Things to Know About Jefferson Elementary
Empowered and Engaged Learning is essential at Jefferson, here is an example of how to learn important math skills through "Math Raps"!
"Student achievement is our priority."
Populations and Services
- We currently have 317 students enrolled at Jefferson. Our youngest students are served through our special education early childhood program, Title I Pre-K program, and the Speech and Language Talk and Learn program. Early Intervention is a key to helping these students prepare for their kindergarten experience.
- We have two classrooms at each grade level except Kindergarten and third. There are three classrooms at these grade levels. Class sizes range from 16 to 23 students.
- To help our students succeed we have a number of special programs available such as: learning disability programs, English language learner program, Speech and Language program, school wide Title I reading program, Talented and Gifted program, and emotional/behavioral disabilities-EBD. (Students in the EBD program come from a variety of home school areas. We are one of five elementary magnet schools for this program.)
- We also have the services of the following specialty staff: an innovative learning specialist, school counselor, school social worker, school psychologist and learning support teacher.
- Our student population has a 20% minority population and 48% or our students are receiving free or reduced lunches.